Regular vacuuming prolongs the life of the carpet and will enhance its appearance, particularly in areas of frequent foot traffic. 80% of soiling in carpet is the dry particle type which can be removed by a vacuum cleaner, ideally one with a beater bar and brush, that can be adjusted to the height of the pile. Change the vacuum’ bag often. Use walk-off mats at entrances to reduct the soiling tracked in from outside.
Have periodic professional carpet cleanings
Our warranties require periodic professional cleaning, which should be done, on average, at least once every two years. Vacuuming will not remove all of the soil and over time this will ruin the appearance and reduce the life of your investment. High traffic areas may require cleaning more often than areas of little traffic. We recommend you choose a professional, qualified cleaning service with experience and training in the latest carpet-cleaning techniques, before a price is quoted.
Clean all spills promptly
For cleaning most simple food and beverage spills, use the following three basic steps:
1) Scrape or scoop up as much of the spill as quickly as possible.
2) Blot (Do NOT rub) the area with clean white absorbent cloths to remove excess moisture.
3) For most water-based spills, use Club Soda as a cleaning agent for emergencies. Dribble room-temperature Club Soda on blotted stain, let it set for a moment, then blot again to remove stain (Do NOT rub). Repeat as necessary.
Cleaning and Care:
Congratulations on choosing your new Kronotex floor. Kronotex flooring is virtually maintenance free. Because we impregnate our surface with melamine, it is resistant to dirt and dust. Normal vacuuming and sweeping will usually keep your floor clean. If stubborn spots still remain, use Kronotex laminate floor cleaner.
• Never leave any amounts of liquids (water, juices, soft drinks, alcohol, etc.) on the floor for more than the time necessary to clean the spill. Immediately wipe up wet areas from spills, foreign substances or wet shoes.
• Do not use any cleaning agents containing wax, oil or polish. Leftover residue from these agents can leave a dull film on the floor.
• Do not use steel wool or scouring powder, as this could scratch the floor.
• Use either a natural or color-fast doormat outside and inside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit and other substances from being tracked onto the floor.
• Use wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors, such as hard plastic or felt pad protectors under chair and table legs.
• Never use a floor steam cleaner, as this will harm your floor and void your warranty