Carpet cleaning will keep your carpet looking like new
Carpet may be one of the easiest types of flooring to take care of. Learn how to keep yours looking great over time with a simple care and cleaning program:
- Preventive Carpet Maintenance – protect your investment before problems occur.
- Carpet Vacuuming Tips – prolong the life and beauty of your floor.
- Carpet Spot and Spill Removal – be prepared for the unavoidable.
- Overall Carpet Cleaning – get regular care with cleaning systems.
- DIY Carpet Cleaning – get the right equipment to do it yourself.
Caress by Shaw Recommended Vacuum Cleaners
Shaw has conducted extensive testing as well as coordinated with vacuum manufacturers to develop a list of appropriate vacuum cleaners for use with Caress by Shaw products.
- Recommended Vacuum Cleaners – get the information you need to properly care for your carpet
Care of Shag Carpet
A requirement if you have shag carpet is the ability to not only adjust the height of the vacuum, but also to disengage the beater bar or brushes to allow for suction only.
- Shag Carpet Vacuuming Tips – get the information you need to properly care for your carpet
No carpet is absolutely stain proof
Some carpets have stain resistant treatments that improve your ability to clean stains, but not prevent them. Similarly, carpets with soil resistant treatments reduce the rate of soiling, but all carpets require regular care and maintenance. Resist carpet soil and stains with R2X, Shaw’s own breakthrough technology.
Stains and soil
The majority of stain complaints are actually soil related. For example, many sugar-based spills, such as soft drinks and coffee, leave a sugar residue after removal. This sticky residue readily attracts soil from ordinary shoe traffic, and the resulting discolored area appears to be a stain.
The same thing happens when spills are cleaned with a detergent solution and the area is not sufficiently rinsed with plain water, leaving a sticky detergent residue. It is important to rinse thoroughly with water and blot dry after removing any spill.
Special note about Stainmaster